REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS for the safety and welfare of migrant workers and construction workers and
The Motor Transport Workers Act , 1961 and its Odisha Rules, 1966
Procedure for Getting Registration/Renewal of Registration of Establishment Under the Motor Transport Workers Act, 1961 and its Orissa Rules, 1966.
- As per provisions of Sec. 3 of the Motor Transport Workers Act, 1961, the employer of a motor transport undertaking engaging one or more employee(s) has to apply for registration of his undertaking within 30 days before the date on which he proposes to operate the undertaking.
- The local District Labour Officer is declared as Registering Officers under the said Act who will grant registration. Where an undertaking has units operating in more than one state, the employer of the undertaking shall apply for registration to the Registering Authority of the state of which its headquartering office is located.
- The employer has to apply in Form No. – 1 in duplicate to the Registering Officers along with Treasury Challan in support of prescribed fee.
- The employer has to submit documents in support of his identity as well as existence of his establishment along with the application.
- The fees prescribed for registration/renewal of registration of motor transport undertaking are as follows :-
No. of workers employed Fees for registration / renewal of registration 1 to 50 ₹ 500 51 to 150 ₹ 1500 151 or more ₹ 3000
- Head of Account for deposit of fees through Treasury Challan as hereunder :-
“0230 – Labour & Employment 101- Receipt under Labour Laws – 014 – Collection of Fees and fines-02045 Fees Realised under MTW Act”
- The registration certificate shall remain valid till 31st December of the year in which the certificate is granted or renewed.
- The employer who desires to renew the registration has to make application two months before the date of expiry of the registration. If the application for renewal is not made within the aforesaid time, an additional fee of 25% in excess of the fees ordinarily payable shall be payable for such renewal.
- The employer who desires to have registration certificate amended shall make an application to the above authority stating therein the nature of amendment required and reasons thereof along with the registration certificate for necessary amendment therein. The fees for the amendment of registration certificate shall be Rs. 100/- .
- The duplicate certificate can be issued on deposit of fee of Rs 100/-.
- If an application for grant, renewal, amendment or issue of duplicate of a certificate of registration is rejected, the fees paid shall be refunded to the applicant.
- An employer holding a certificate of registration may, at any time, before expiration of its validity apply for permission to transfer the certificate to another person.
- If an employer holding a certificate of registration dies or becomes insolvent, the person carrying on the business of the undertaking shall not be liable under the Act during such time as may reasonably be required to allow him to make an application for the amendment of the certificate of registration in his name.