REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS for the safety and welfare of migrant workers and construction workers and
Stakeholders Training programme for NCLP Officials
A Two Day Training Programme for P D- NC LP s & Fi el ds O ff ic er s wa s Organised on 17th & 18th August 2012. 40 participants from different NCLPs participated in the programme. Dr. Anoop Satpathy, Fellow, V.V.G. NLI, Noida, Prof. P. K. Sarkar, Department of LLM, Utkal University, BBSR, Prof. H. R. Satpathy, Addl. Director, Planning, OPEPA & Sri Souribandhu Kar, Joined as the Resource Persons. Dr. A. C. Padhiary, IAS, Labour Commissioner, Odisha presided over the Meeting. The Training Programme was initiated by Dr. B. B. Acharya, SPC-SRC, Odisha & the vote of thanks was given by Ms. Kavita Paramanik, ALC, Hqrs.
- Key Issues discussed
- Vocational Training for Children
- Relocation of Schools
- Mainstreaming into formal Schools
- Proper Survey before Relocation of Schools
- Coordination mechanism
- Collection of data and information on NCLP societies to strengthen the regular reporting mechanism.
Stakeholders Training Programme for PRI Functionaries A Two Day Training Programme for PRI Functionaries was organised on 20th & 21st, November 2012. 80 participants comprising of Sarpanch, Panchayat Samiti Member & Zila Parishad Chairman from 29 Districts of Odisha participated in the Programme . The Programme was Inaugurated by Sri Bijayashree Routray, Hon’ble Minister Labour & ESI, Govt. of Odisha in the presence of Sri Hemant Sharma, IAS, Labour Commissioner, Odisha. Dr. D. P. Choudhury, Director, Odisha Judicial Academy, Cuttack, Prof. P. K. Sarkar, Department of LLM, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Ms. Usharani Das, Under Secretary, Department of W & CD, Govt. of Odisha, Dr. Ambika Nanda, Programme Head, UNDP, Odisha, Prof. H. R. Satpathy, Addl. Director Planning, OPEPA, & the Asst. Director, SIRD, Joined as the Resource Persons.
- Key Issues discussed
- Initiation for declaring 1000 GPs as Child Labour Free GPs.
- Focus on convergence at grassroots level.
- Organising awareness activities on elimination of Child Labour.
- Strengthening School Management Committee
State Action Plan (SAP)
- The Focus
- Complete elimination of child labour in all occupations and processes by 2012/2014.
- Achieve complete universalization of primary and elementary education (UPE & UEE) along with universal prohibition of Child labour.
- Rehabilitation and reintegration of all children withdrawn from work through education, nutrition , primary health care and skill training and socio-economic empowerment of their families.
- The Draft State Action Plan has been prepared which will be discussed at a State Level Workshop by inviting the Stakeholders for prevention of Child Labour through convergence activities.