The Odissa Shops and Commercial Establishment Act, 1956 and its Rules, 1958.
Registration of Shop/Commercial Establishment Under the Orissa Shops and Commercial Establishment Act, 1956 and its Rules, 1958
- As per provisions of Sec. 4 of the Orissa Shops & Commercial Establishment Act, 1956, the employer of shop or commercial establishment located within Municipal Corporation /Municipality / NAC area and engaging one or more employee(s) has to apply for registration of his establishment within 30 days from its commencement.
- The local District Labour Officer and Assistant Labour Officer are declared as Inspectors under the said Act who will grant registration.
- The employer has to apply in Form No - 1 to the above officers (Inspector) along
with Treasury Challan in support of prescribed fee.
- The employer has to submit documents in support of his identity as well as existence of his establishment along with the application and also furnish notice of daily hours of employees in Form No - 5 and weekly holidays
in Form No - 7
- The fees prescribed for registration/renewal of registration of shop or commercial establishment are as follows :-
No. of workers employed Fees for registration / renewal of registration (applicable for 2014 to 2019)
1 to 9 ₹ 112.50 10 to 19 ₹ 300.00 20 or more ₹ 450.00
- A fee of 50% in excess of the fees payable for registration / renewal of registration shall be payable after gap of every five year.
- Head of Account for deposit of fees through Treasury Challan as hereunder :-
"0230 - Labour &
Employment. 101- Receipt under Labour Laws - 02047 - Fees Realised under
- The registration certificate granted shall remain valid till 31st December of the year in which the application is made.
- The employer who desires to renew the registration has to make application two months before the date of expiry of the registration. If the application for renewal is not made within the aforesaid time, an additional fee of 25% in excess of the fees ordinarily payable shall be payable for such renewal.
- The employer who desires to have registration certificate amended shall make an application in Form No - 4 in duplicate stating therein the nature of amendment required and reasons thereof along with the registration certificate for necessary amendment therein. The fees for the amendment of registration certificate shall be Rs. 25/- plus the amount if any which have been payable if the certificate has been originally issued in the amended form exceeds the fees originally paid for the certificate.
- The duplicate certificate can be issued on deposit of fee of 25% of fees for registration paid.