REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS for the safety and welfare of migrant workers and construction workers and
State Resource Cell on Child Labour
State Resource Cell (SRC)
The Department of Labour, as Nodal Department, has taken initiatives for facilitating inter-departmental convergence to eliminate child labour. Ensuring smooth coordination is an intense exercise requiring constant monitoring, review and support. Strengthening of capacities of state and district-level institutions will enable a strong understanding and necessary adaptation to local conditions of strategies they will use to eliminate child labour. It will enable co-ordination and monitoring of partners during implementation.
At the State level, State Resource Cell (SRC) on Child Labour has been set up under the guidance of Labour Commissioner, Odisha for coordination of activities.
Focused Activities of SRC:
• Support to strengthen structures / mechanisms and ensuring co-ordination between identified stakeholders including social partners
• To ensure co-ordination between the nodal department ( Labour) and the other relevant government departments to facilitate the information flow and a convergence mechanism to eliminate child labour.
• To facilitate capacity building on Convergence for elimination of child labour, of the stakeholders’ and implementing partners.
• Promote ownership of Convergence Project among stakeholders including concerned government departments, social partners (Employer and Worker organizations) and civil societies in the State.
• To strengthen child labour enforcement system by facilitating capacity building of concerned officials.
• To sensitise Inspectors to integrate the concept of convergence in their current procedures, especially with regard to District-level child monitoring and tracking systems.
• Provide support to actualize Sate Action Plan (SAP) for elimination of child labour
• Awareness generation and advocacy including maintaining data on child labour, documenting good practices and lessons learnt and disseminating these in the State.
• To support and strengthen the activities of Child Labour Cell for coordinating NCLP Schools and implementation of CL (P&R) Act. 1986